I just got the sad news that my Grandpa Young passed away about 3:00 this morning. Even though he was 85 and in poor health, it is still a shock when it finally happens. He was such a great man and I love him dearly and will miss him so much. We almost lost him 2 years ago but were blessed to have him recover and keep him around for a little longer and I will always be grateful for that time we had with him. I haven't been able to see him much since we moved here to Colorado but we always made it back for Thanksgiving, which was our family's big holiday together, and I know he appreciated having us there. I know he is having that great big reunion in the sky right now and is free from his pain and memory loss. Easter was another of our favorite holidays together. We used to go up to Porcupine Dam and race our easter eggs down the river into the dam. Grandpa would give a dollar to whoever made it there first. Man, those are some great memories! It won't be the same without him.
I love you Grandpa! I will miss you much and look forward to seeing you again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I keep thinking my days are numbered with both my grandma and grandpa. So I understand your loss. A year ago I lost my paternal grandfather. I was sad that he was gone, but so happy to know that he was having a wonderful reunion with my grandma. Isn't the gospel amazing- to know that we will get to see them again?! Cherish those memories!!
*HUGS* to you, I know he'll be missed.
So sorry Shelly. :(
My condolences to you and your wonderful family.
Shelly - Its so wonderful that you are able to see and remember the memories you have with your Grandpa. Is he the one that lived in Smithfield? I'm presuming so. Are you guys coming out? I'm guilty of hoping so! Haven't seen you since you moved to CO!
Post a Comment