Sunday, March 2, 2008
Family History
Today in Relief Society our lesson was on family history and redeeming the dead, it was great! I have to say I am a family history junkie (although I'm not that good at doing it, I LOVE reading it!). A couple of years ago my Great-Aunt Barbara put together a really nice family history book for the Summer's side of the family (that would be my mom's mom's side). This book is absolutely the coolest book! Apparently my Great-grandmother Elizabeth Summers was really into FH and I believe she had compiled alot of the histories during her life. It is so fun to read about the lives of my ancestors. There are the coolest stories in there that they probably didn't think anything of but that I love to read. Hopefully someday someone will feel the same way about the things I write (haha). :) I loved reading about the great... grandfather that was in Far West Missouri with Joseph Smith or the great.... that invented the carpet weaving machine (yes, we can thank MY ancestors for carpet-- haha). There was also some really kooky story in there that I am going to have to ask my dad to remind me of and write about it because it was bizarre! Stay tuned for that one... Anyway, I am just so grateful to my Aunt for putting that together and for all of those who came before and wrote their personal histories. One of the greatest things about being a part of the Church is the strong connection we feel to our families, both past and present. I love knowing that we are all a part of this great eternal plan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Shelly, That book does have some interesting stories in it. I thought it was interesting to read the diaries by Grandpa Summers and then read the one by Grandma Summers and see how differently they saw the same situations.
Lynne
Post a Comment