Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Heaven
The other night at dinner the kids were talking about who they can't wait to meet in heaven. All of their answers were great, Joseph Smith, Jesus etc. (the perfect answers from my perfect children), and I am excited to meet all of them also but the person I cannot wait to see again is my mom. It has been 15 years last month since she passed away and I still miss her every day. She was my best friend. I can't wait to share all of the little things with her that I wish she would have been here for. So many times I have wished I could call her and ask about what I was like when I was young or when the kids are doing things I could use advice for. I know she would have been the best grandma EVER! As it is my kids don't even really have a grandma. Shawn's "mom" won't even acknowlege us, his stepmom will tolerate us on the 2 or 3 times a year she sees us, their Andy-dad's parents don't have anything to do with them unless he takes the kids to see them (maybe twice in the last 3 years) and my dad has never remarried. My aunts try but they have their own families and they are 500 miles away so it's just not quite the same. It just makes me sad for them. Anyway enough boo-hooing. I just miss my mom and can't wait to see her again in Heaven!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have been thinking a lot about your mom and about Grandma IlaBeth lately. I don't know why, but I have been. I wish they both could still be here with us so we could all share our lives with them. I miss your mom a lot...she was always the sweetest and I can't remember a time when I ever heard her raise her voice. But I know that when my time here ends, I will see them both... :) Love and Hugs!
I could rent my mom out to you on occasion! She is often wacky and over the top (just like me!) but every once in a while she knows exactly what to say at just the right time! Hope everything is well in your world!
I miss your mom too! She always treated me like I was her "other" daughter when I was there! (I know that she was like that with everyone...but I like to think I was a "little" more special! hehe)
I know how you feel. My mom has been dead for over 6 years. She has missed 2 of my children's births. It really would have been nice to have her there especially when I had Lyddie.
I know what you mean Shelly. My mom has been gone for 29 years now. It seems unreal it could be that long. I still miss her but see her and hear her in things I do and say. I miss your mom, too. She was a great person - very kind, loving, gentle.
Keep smiling.
Love Aunt Lynne
Post a Comment