Friday, March 28, 2008

Pinewood Derby




Whew, now that I've made it through all of that emotion stuff I can now talk about my awesome son and the pinewood derby. :) Last Saturday was Tyler's first pinewood derby (Shawn's too). He did a great job on his car and Shawn was very supportive in helping him with the cuts and putting the weights on. Neither of them had a clue what they were doing so Shawn was pretty worried about the whole thing. On the way to the church he said he was just hoping that Tyler would at least be in the middle somewhere and not the last car in. Well, he did better than that! Tyler's car took 3rd place in the Wolf Den and 6th place overall in the pack. I may just be a proud mama but I think that was AWESOME! It was a lot of fun seeing all of the boys being excited about their cars and I didn't hear one negative comment made to anyone. What great boys we have in our pack! Way to go Tyler!!

3 comments:

Erica said...

That is so neat. I know that Jamey is really looking forward to the day when Spencer is old enough to this.

Elizabeth said...

I think Scott and Shawn were thinking the very same thing!! We were just happy that Nathan's car made it down the track! It was a great fun day! I think Nathan was nervous too!

Elizabeth said...

I think Scott and Shawn were thinking the same thing! We too were nervous that it wouldn't cross the finish line! It was a great day!