Thursday, January 5, 2012

Now wasn't that exciting?

At 1:00 this morning I received a phone call from my neighbor across the street. She said not to freak out but there was a car parked in front of our houses that belonged to a known burglar and Firestone PD was canvasing the neighborhood looking for the guy and could they check out my back yard? It just so happened that 4 of the 6 houses on our street were women home alone with their kids - perfect night for a creep like that to take advantage. One of the neighbors noticed the car and called it in after hearing weird noises in her backyard (I'm so thankful for diligent neighbors!). Of course as soon as I got off the phone I called Shawn to let him know to be on the lookout because I knew he would be headed home. He booked it home worrying about his family and neighbors and when he got to our street he shined a light in the car and the guy immediately took off. Right here I have to question Firestone's finest - they had 4 cars in the neighborhood with the criminals car parked on the street where there are women and children home alone and they didn't leave anyone to watch the car? WHATEVER. Anyway, Shawn followed the guy and pulled him over. Meanwhile, FPD is ringing my doorbell because my neighbor called and told them that Shawn had followed the guy and they wanted to know where he was so they could go check him out. When questioned, the guy (who IS a known criminal after all) said that he was leaving his girlfriends house and was parked on our street because there was nowhere to park on her street. Right off Shawn knew this was BS because he knows that there is a married couple living in the house where the dude said he came from (DOH!) AND the house next door to her is vacant - so then it came out that he is having an affair with the wife and had parked on our street so he could make a sneaky getaway if the husband came home. Nice. Wow. Some things you just DON'T want to know about people. Anyhoo, they confirmed the story with the cheater-lady, searched his car anyway just to make sure he hadn't been burgling (is that a word?haha) and we could all finally breathe a sigh of relief and go back to sleep. I am seriously so thankful to have such diligent neighbors that look out for each other! I am also thankful for such an awesome husband who saved the day *sigh* MY HERO!

1 comment:

alison said...

I swear your neighborhood has all sorts of day-time drama-ish action going on!