Tuesday, January 3, 2012
New Year's Resolutions
Today I was reading in the January 2012 issue of the Ensign and came across and article that was really helpful to me. It is titled "Recognizing God's Hand in our Daily Blessings". There was a quote that I really loved by President N. Eldon Tanner, "As we reflect on the value of resolving to do better, let us determine to discipline ourselves to carefully select the resolutions we make, to consider the purpose for making them and finally to make commitments for keeping them and not letting any obstacle stop us. Let us remind ourselves at the beginning of each day that we can keep a resolution just for that day.". Doesn't that just really put everything into perspective? With the Lord's help I can do ANYTHING for just one day, or one hour or one minute - and those minutes and hours will lead up to days, and months and years. I CAN do that. I CAN. Whatever the struggle the Lord is there to help us if we but ask- and ask DAILY. The author wrote about how his mother had gone through a radical cancer surgery followed by painful radiation treatments. She recalled that through it all her mother taught her a valuable lesson that helped her through her life since. She was so sick and weak and said to her mother that she just could not stand having 16 more of the treatments and her mother said, "Can you go today?" "Yes." "Well, honey, that's all you have to do today." Wow! What a wonderful and insightful mother. We can all get through today. :) Whatever our resolutions are we can do it right TODAY. And tomorrow we can ask for help for that day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment