Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Freak storm

So according to the weather people yesterday was supposed to be a nice day, maybe a bit breezy but we can handle that right? I had an appointment to get my hair done and I knew I'd be getting done about the same time the kids got out of school but I thought since it was going to be so nice they could just walk home. I come out of my appointment (the salon is in the basement) and could not believe the wind and black clouds! Just as I got in my car it started to down pour. Of course I was freaking out about the kids walking home from school so I pull out my phone and see I missed a call from Ashlie so I quickly call her back and asked if they were home. She told me they were stranded in the Grease Monkey. RELIEF! I was so glad they were inside somewhere and not walking on the open trail that had NO shelter to speak of! I told them to wait there and I would come get them. It took me a few minutes to get there because it was raining so hard and the wind was blowing tornado like gusts that I had to go pretty slow. Finally I got there and my munchkins came running out- soaked to the skin from being in the rain for a few seconds! It was crazy but I was so thankful that they were ok and had the presence of mind to go inside somewhere and wait. I'm SO thankful for Heavenly Father's protecting care!

2 comments:

Erica said...

Wasn't that crazy yesterday!!! I'm so glad that you got done and were able to get the kids in a reasonable time. :)

alison said...

I'm so glad they were able to shelter in G.M. Nathan was brought into a friend's house in Booth b/c they saw him trying to ride his bike home. That was such a crazy storm!