Saturday, February 6, 2010

One pleased mama

So this will be my bragging post. :D I have the BEST kids EVER! Seriously, I do! We'll start with Roxy- last week we got a phone call from her science teacher (7th grade). He just called to tell us what a great student our daugher was, he loved having her in his class and wished he had a lot more like her. WOW! How many 7th grade teachers to you know that do that? She has LOVED being in his class. Last year she hated science. This year she is getting an A+ and loves it. It just goes to show that the teachers do make a difference!

Thursday I had Tyler's parent-teacher conference and he doing great as well. His teacher just loves him and wishes she had 20 more students just like him. She enjoys having him in class and had only praise for the kind of kid he is. Awwww, mama is just bursting! :) And while I didn't get to attend Baylie's conference reports are that she is also doing well and very well liked in her class- Go Bay!

Then today was Tyler's basketball tournament. He has played BB for a few years but has never loved it like he did this year. He had an AMAZING coach and he and his whole team have just come so far this year. Today they really proved it- they played so great! And Tyler, well, he was DA BOMB! That kid was ON FIRE!!! Everyone just kept saying how crazy good he was. Several parents said he was the MVP and the coach asked me what we fed him this morning! LOL He also got invited to play in the Jam Basketball league with a few of the other boys and his same coach. SO NICE! Not sure yet if he will but we are going to look into it. It all depends on if the games are on Saturdays or Sundays... And while they didn't come in first- they came in second only because the other team kept fouling them and getting "freebie points" as my friend E said- they are all champions in my eyes because they totally rocked today. 3 games in 5 hours!!!! Crazy! Anyway I was just so dang... ok, I want to say PROUD but as my Grandma Facer used to say "We are not supposed to have PRIDE- we should be WELL PLEASED"... so yeah, I am WELL PLEASED with my kids!!!!

2 comments:

Brandie Lyon said...

Congrats on that. I have one kid who gets those comments. Wishing she had a class full of him. Does Jake and Roxie have the same science teacher? Jake doesn't do so well, and I'm not sure I like him.

Elizabeth said...

have to admit I was so proud also!! What exciting games those were! Tyler was on fire too! WOW! We are lucky to be on the same team! :) Thanks for the company all season...and for the 5hours of games. :)Let me know what you decide to do about next year!