Our friends the Hendrick's are hosting a biggest loser competition that started on January 4th. Shawn and I decided to participate because it is time to stop being slackers and lose some poundage and what better motivation than a contest?? To enter the contest everyone paid in $20- I think we ended up with 11 men and 18 women, which is cool because with that many people we are able to do a men against men and women against women contest- Whoohoo! Each month throughout the game (it lasts for 12 weeks) the "biggest loser(s)" for the month will get a prize and then at the end the biggest loser(s) will get a cash prize. While we are both hoping to end up with the title of BIGGEST LOSER, this really is about a lifestyle change for us. We have both been working out almost every day- me at home with my elliptical and biggest lower bootcamp dvd and Shawn at the gym with his buddy- and eating much smaller portions than we had been in the past. So far after 3 weeks of changing our lives Shawn has lost 15 pounds and I have lost almost 12. WAY TO GO US! :) It's really nice to be doing this together, it sure helps to have someone cheering you on when you get those weak moments. The kids have also jumped on the bandwagon and have been working out and trying to eat more healthy also. So far this has been a great experience and I hope that the changes we are making will stick with us throughout our lives.
On another happy note, we also booked our cruise for our 5 year anniversary coming up. So excited!! I've never been on a cruise before and have never been out of the country so getting a passport is a big deal for me. :) We are going on a Panama cruise and will get to go through part of the Panama Canal- how cool is that? We have stops in Aruba, Jamaica (oooh I wanna take ya..lol), Columbia, Costa Rica and Panama. I can't remember if there are any other stops. My FANTASTIC FATHER is going to come and stay with my kids. I just hope he doesn't lose his mind before we get back-haha. Just another great reason to get some weight off so I can feel good on the beach...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
GO YOU! :) I'm kind of waiting for the weather to warm up a bit before I start trying to exercise... but Rob and I both need to lose weight too. That cruise sounds so fun! Lucky You! :)
Great job! I'm proud of you! It does make so much difference doing it together, doesn't it? (Greg and I seem to be doing it all together... we lost weight together, and now he is gaining the baby weight right along with me. :) I'm already looking forward to taking it all off after this baby arrives!) That is so awesome... keep it up! And have fun on that cruise - sounds wonderful!
How exciting to hear how well you've been doing! What great motivation to be doing this as a family. Have a great time on that cruise!!
Way to go! I love it when my kids join in my exercising, It's so cute.
Post a Comment