For Father's Day this year we went camping. Actually it was a double duty camping weekend because it was also for Roxy's birthday that is coming up this week. This time we went to Jackson Lake. It was okay but REALLY buggy! We got there on Saturday and of course it was cloudy and windy so the kids couldn't swim and were kind of bummed out, but we did take our bikes so we rode our bikes a lot and went for walks and just tried to relax- it was nice. Sunday dawned sunny and hot so we took the kids to the beach and let them swim for a couple of hours. They had a great time and loved it even though the water was pretty dirty. The worst part though was the cotton- it was EVERYWHERE! There was so much cotton floating in the air that it looked like it was snowing and it covered the water too. I'll have to put up a picture later... We tolerated the cotton allergies as long as we could and finally had to leave. Back at camp it was hot, hot, hot. It was cooler to hang out in the trailer and play games so we did that for awhile. We had the awning up but the trailer was facing west to it didn't help much at the time. We finally decided to just go for a walk anyway and after a few minutes out I looked up and there were these huge black clouds moving in really fast! I pointed them out to Shawn who of course was not worried at all! Men! LOL Anyway by the time we finished our walk it was really dark but the kids wanted to walk down to the lake with the dog. Shawn sent them merrily on their way as I was staring worriedly at the ominous black cloud cover. "Are you sure it's ok for them to go?" I ask. "Oh, it's fine", he replies. Not 30 seconds later it starts POURING! Of course the kids came running back! We sat under the awning for a bit enjoying the cool air and rain when all of a sudden the wind picks up! Argh! The kids and dog are scrambling for the trailer, Shawn is trying to hold down the awning and I am shoving the chairs into the storage so they don't get all wet. I'm sure it was all very comical. The other funny part was that he had just started a fire. Amazingly though, after about 30 minutes of DOWNPOUR the fire was still going! So, we got to roast marshmellows after all! All in all it was a very nice weekend away. Shawn got an ice cream maker for Father's Day so we also made homemade ice cream that was so yummy!
I am so thankful for a wonderful husband who is the best father to all of our children. At one time in my life I wondered if Roxy and Tyler would ever have a good father and role model so I am especially thankful to be so blessed. We love you Shawn!
I am also really thankful for my own wonderful father. I don't know what I would do without you dad- you are the best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment