Okay, so I have watched all of these other (much cooler) women than I with their wonderful blogs and thought maybe I would give this a try. Hopefully it will at least give my children a type of diary to refer to and maybe even a few people back home will enjoy keeping up with us! I feel that the person we see on the surface is merely a fraction of the person inside and I have enjoyed reading the blogs of friends and ladies I know from church a little and feeling like I know them better now. I'm not really sure how this whole thing works so be patient with me and eventually I will figure it out (or give up trying-haha). I'm hoping that we can make this a family affair and that Shawn will want to contribute also.
While I have been thinking about doing this for awhile I have been somewhat tenuous because of the fact that once something is on the Internet it is out there for everyone to see. I do admit that I fear some creep wanting to find my children and so I ask that anyone adding comments to consider this and not be too specific about names or places already talked about. Anyway, despite that fear that I have, I recently saw a quote by Elder M. Russell Ballard, one of the 12 apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, that basically said we should take advantage of the opportunities we have on the Internet to share our testimonies and beliefs and I do think that is a worthy cause! (No, that won't be what this is all about but don't be surprised when I spout off once in awhile). :) So, as you can see I am letting go of my fear (somewhat) and putting it out there to be seen. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey! Welcome to the blogging world! When you have a minute, give me a call and I can help you "secure" your blog a little more so that it's not "indexed" by the search engines. LUV YA! Hillary Ameila...
I'm so happy to see your blog! I also put off starting one for a long time, for the same reasons as you, but I realized that if I don't put my last name or what city we live then how is some stranger going to find me? I figure if somebody wanted to stalk me that badly they could easily find another way.... :) Anyway, I think you'll find that it is very therapeutic (and addicting!) I look forward to seeing lots more and getting to know you better!
Awesome! Can't wait to "keep up" with you guys and your exciting life. :)
Can't wait to read all about you. Maybe you will inspire me to blog too!!!!!
Welcome to blog land! We'll eagerly await your every word! Too bad you've already blown it with Shawn's name. Guess the bad guys will know where to find him now! :-)
Post a Comment