Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's day is always a day of mixed feelings for me. On the one hand I am so blessed and thankful to be the mother of four wonderful children- I would never trade this opportunity for ANYTHING! On the other hand I miss my own sweet mother who has been gone for 19 years. I am thankful that I was able to appreciate her and had a great relationship with her, especially the last few years of her life, but I really miss not being able to talk to her and share things with her that my kids do. I know that if she were here she would relish every moment with each of her grandchildren- she would have been a GREAT grandma. I feel sad that my kids don't even know what it's like to have a grandma. With my mother being gone and Shawn's mom not speaking to any of her children... It's pretty sad that my mom, who would adore being with the kids can't be there and Sharon, who could be with the kids is CHOOSING to miss out on all of the great opportunities of being a grandma (and mom) .... lame.

Anyway, the kids were cute today. Shawn had to work so he admonished R and T that they HAD to take care of me today (A and B were with their other mother). Tyler offered to make me waffles- AFTER I had already fixed myself breakfast. lol The thought was nice though. The kids got me an icar device so that I can play my ipod in the car. I have been wanting one of those for quite some time so I was very happy with it! Tyler took about 500 pics of me opening it so that Shawn could see. lol That boy is just like his DAD in so many ways! :)  Both R and T made me cards. Roxy's listed the things she liked about me:  You are beautiful. You are amazing. You are my sunshine (I used to sing this to her when she was little.) I love you. I love your hugs. You do too much. I love you! For the best mom ever!!! Love Roxann your lovely daughter. :)  Tyler's was a cool psychedelic picture that said "Happy Mother's Day Mom from Tyler your son".  LOL I'm glad he clarified that it was from "Tyler my son" so that I didn't get it mixed up with some other Tyler. LOL Too cute! Ashlie sent me a text and Baylie gave me some coupons. It was clear she wasn't very happy about giving me the coupons though because she's afraid I'm going to cash them in... CAN-DO COUPON - Here's what I can do for you... One closet clean-up without stuffing things. One table setting without being told. One room clean-up without making a face. (Loved that one!) One garbage take-out without any backtalk. I can't wait to use these! :)  Shawn made me breakfast on Thursday, took me shopping and to the movie and dinner that night. Such a great husband and kids that I have! It was a very nice mother's day indeed.

No comments: