Tuesday, April 24, 2012

WCC Day 6- Cozumel

Last Port- Cozumel. We had a camera malfunction so there aren't many pics from this day. Suffice it to say it was a great day and I did something I NEVER thought I would do- SNORKEL!

 Remember in an earlier post when I said that I am TERRIFIED of open water? Well, I knew that Shawn really wanted to go snorkeling and since he had been such a trooper in doing lots of beach days for his wife I thought I could return the favor. :) We signed up for a snorkeling/private beach tour. At first I was kind of excited about it, then the more I thought about it and read in the tour itinerary that this was recommended for intermediate snorkelers I started getting REALLY nervous. I told him that I would go but hoped that he would not get mad at me if I didn't actually get off the boat. lol He reassured me that he would not be mad but that he knew I could do it. As we got on our catamaran and headed out with all of the other tourists I must have looked nervous because a few people asked if I had been before. After I answered that this was my first time, they were quick to reassure me that I would "love it". I was sure hoping they were right! As soon as we reached our destination, the tour guide assured us that there were "no sharks" where we were snorkeling. (Ummm...how did they know? Do they have shark keep out gates?) Shawn got his gear on and jumped off the side into the water and then swam over to the steps to wait for his chicken wife. It was finally my turn to go into the water and I was so happy to see my sweetie waiting patiently for me- it was very comforting! Within a minute after I was in the water the guide next to me starts gesturing excitedly and says "LOOK, there's a barracuda!" HELLO! My quick answer was, "WHAT? Aren't those mean like sharks?" and had I been close enough to the boat I would have gotten back on. As it was I couldn't get back on so I started swimming and splashing as much as I could in the opposite direction. I'm sure it was comical to those around me. HAHA. Shawn, being the brave soul that he was did take a peek in the water and actually saw the barracuda. (shiver) No thanks. Once I had moved into the crowd of swimmer's I felt a little better and was able to calm down. Not to mention that my very brave, very studly husband stayed by my side and I knew he would throw himself in front of a shark were it to come after me. :) It turned out to be a fun experience and one that I hope I can have again!

After we were done snorkeling we got to spend some time at a private beach. They had some fun water toys to play on. Shawn was brave and climbed up this big slide- after he did it everyone wanted to be cool like him and started lining up to have a turn. I decided I would rather just watch then have 50 people behind me staring at my hiney while I tried to climb the slide.

Johnny Depp was our guide. Ok, not the real one, the Mexican wannabe version. lol
I thought this water fountain at the port was so neat-looking!

Leaving Cozumel.
This WAS  pretty sunset but our FANTASTIC (NOT) camera didn't capture it at all!

The last night was a formal night. On the first day we were lucky enough to meet these two amazing people, Bill and Dori Hanke from Texas and we got to have dinner with them on the last night. They are now our facebook friends forever. lol :)

Love you baby-thanks for the Bday/Vday cruise!

No comments: