Last weekend was a busy one for us. The kids were all on Spring Break and that in itself causes extra busy-ness. Friday was Shawn's birthday. He wanted to go camping for his birthday so camping we went! Nevermind the cold and snow- it's all good in a trailer! (unless you run out of gas-but that's for later in the story....) So we made plans with the Stein's to go camping up at Golden Gate. I had to work until 1 on Friday so we couldn't leave as early as them. Turns out its a good thing because they got up to the campground to find it locked up with snowdrifts, high winds and 20 degree coldness. They called and told us not to come up there and to meet them at Boyd Lake. It was so nice of them to scout out the campground for us! lol We finally all arrived and got set up. It was cold and windy but a nice big white-man fire took the chill off. The kids had a great time playing at the lake while the adults hugged the fire, ate yummy dutch oven cookin and played games in the trailers.
Saturday dawned bright and beautiful so we decided to do an Easter egg hunt for the kids. There were a couple of loops of the campground that were closed so they were perfect for hiding and hunting eggs. Cathy and I hid the eggs and then had the kids come find them. They thought it was great and so did the dog!
The guys found this ginormous log and made Tyler and Lindsey roll it over to our campground. It took ALL NIGHT to burn and there was still a big chunk of it left!
So Saturday night- well I guess it was Sunday by then- around 3:30 am I got up to use the bathroom (I know you really needed to know that-ha) and realized it was STINKING COLD. So I messed with the thermostat to see what would happen and - NOTHING HAPPENED. Yep, we were out of gas. I went back to bed and told Shawn I thought we were out of gas. He went out and shooked the tanks and sure enough-no gas. So I made sure everyone had lots of blankets on and we snuggled close to share warmth. It worked until it was time to get up.... So lame! I bet that won't happen to us again! :)
Needless to say we had a fun time on our first camping trip of the year. Even though it was cold it was still fun to be together with our friends! Shawn had a great birthday and it was a good end to Spring Break. We headed home on Easter Sunday and watched some of conference, which I had DVRd, and ate yummy ham for dinner. On a side note, I just LOVE conference. I love the Spirit it brings into my home when its on and this time everyone came and sat down and watched without even being told. I loved the talk by Elder Ballard about mothers and daughters and my girls enjoyed it also. Ashlie said she felt like a lot of the talks were for her because she is getting baptized- I thought that was a neat observation! I just have the most wonderful husband and children- I am indeed BLESSED!
No comments:
Post a Comment