Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cotillion

During the months of Sept and Oct our ward young men/young women combined with the 2 other wards that meet in our building and did a cotillion. This was all put on by a FANTASTIC lady who I just love and admire so much! Annette has done this for other wards she was in so she has it down to an art. For about 6 weeks they groomed these 12-18-year-old- teaching them proper table etiquette, having the boys open doors and pull out chairs for the girl, taught them how to waltz and do some line dances- it was a lot of work! This all culminated on Oct. 23rd with a semi-formal, 7 course meal and dancing- COTILLION! I went over earlier that day to help out Annette with the food and decorations. She had the stake center DECKED OUT! I wish I would have gotten pictures of it! It was seriously nicer than a wedding reception. All of the tables were set like 5 star restaurants with all of the fancy stuff and trimmings. When the "kids" arrived they had hors d'voures and got their dance cards filled up. Then they had a fabulous 7 course home cooked meal- salad, soup, bread, chicken cordon bleu, lava cakes and I can't remember what. All served by volunteer parents. Following dinner and get to know you games they had a dance- you know, a REAL dance with waltzes and stuff. So much fun! I was worried that Roxy wouldn't entirely enjoy herself because she was kind of apprehensive about dancing with boys that she didn't know but she ended up having a BALL- literally! :) I so appreciate all that was done for these youth. It was a fabulous experience for them and I look forward to when they do it again in 2-3 years because then Ashlie and Tyler will be able to go also!

This is my GORGEOUS 12-year-old daughter in her formal- Oh my gosh, she doesn't look 12 anymore. :( She is growing up so fast!!




2 comments:

Peaceful Mommy Kayleen said...

that sounds like so much fun! and i think roxy looks like your mom in that last picture. :)

shelly said...

You're right, she does kind of look like my mom- I had never thought of that! :)