Monday, August 3, 2009

Woohoo, they're gone...

That's what I thought when they first pulled away- now, not so much. Yesterday after church Shawn loaded up the kids and the dog and along with his BFF John and his kids and dog they headed to Red Feathers for some fishing and camping. I was really looking forward to a few days away from the kids and dog (not that I don't love them cuz I do). After they left, Cathy (wife of John) came over and we had yummy chicken and rice casserole and watched a chic flick- 27 dresses- and laughed our guts out. We had such a blast. After Cathy left to go home is when I started to miss everyone. The house just felt so empty! I had a really hard time sleeping last night- of course part of that could be because I was sleeping in Roxy's bed because we don't have one at the moment (that's another story...) and I woke up really tired this morning. This morning I had a massage scheduled with my good friend so I was looking forward to seeing her. Meanwhile, backing up a little bit, this past weekend Shawn and I sold our bedroom set (hallelujah) and bought a new one (yay!). Well, they were supposed to call last night to let us know the time frame they would be delivering the mattress- they never called. Apparently while I was giving the massage they tried to deliver it and since they couldn't reach me they left and I have to wait another day- DANGIT! My house must be seriously insulated or I was really in a zen-like state because neither my client nor I heard them ringing the doorbell and banging on the door- grrr.... (on the upside they are refunding my delivery fee because they neglected to call). So then I was supposed to call after 1 pm today to find out when the furniture was being delivered tomorrow and they tell me it's not scheduled until Thursday- WHAT?? Are the gods conspiring against me?? LOL Finally they managed to get me squeezed in tomorrow - THANK GOODNESS!! What a mess! I hate dealing with all this crap, I miss Shawn I wish he was home. I even miss the kids. and maybe the dog- just a little. :) Right now I am waiting for Cathy to come over and watch another chic flick with me, of course this will brighten the day, I'm just not looking forward to another night alone. in roxy's bed. alone. grumble. LOL

1 comment:

Peaceful Mommy Kayleen said...

AW!!! If you were closer I'd totally come over and watch chic flicks with you! Hang in there. :)